Monday, July 6, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....July 6th Edition Eat from the Stockpile & Leftovers Mostly




Here's what our family of 4 will be eating this week...

Monday--Stuffed Shells(leftover), Salad(from garden), Garlic Bread
Tuesday--Grilled Fish, Grilled Summer Squash, Potato Salad
Wednesday--Asparagus & Bacon Quiche(leftover), Cantaloupe
Thursday--Boston Baked Beans(from scratch),Cornbread
Friday--Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad(leftover from Tues.), a yet to be determined Veggie
Saturday--Fettucine Alfredo Primavera(using leftover squash from Tues.)
Sunday--Pork BBQ(from freezer), a yet to be determined Veggie, Coleslaw

You will notice that I'm utilizing 3 leftover meals--the Stuffed Shells & Quiche I made extra of last week before leaving town and the Pork BBQ was extra I made in May from the freezer.
When I make friday's grilled chicken, I will grill enough chicken for 4 meals. I plan on using 3/4 of the chicken grilled for 2 meals next week...a chicken ranch pizza & for chicken enchiladas(also using leftover enchilada sauce I made awhile ago) and the last 1/4 will be used to make Burritos for the freezer. I plan on having a burrito making session this weekend.
The Baked Beans will be made in the crockpot from scratch. Here's the recipe. Tuesday's fish is from the freezer and I have everyting for saturday's alfredo meal, except for some broccoli.

As for grocery shopping, I'll need to pick up a Mega pack of Chicken & see what veggies are in season and looking good at the farm stand mid week. I think I'm stocked with everything else needed for this menu. Unless something else comes up, I should be able to get by on spending approx. $20 or less for the weekly menu.

Of course, I am continuing in the "Clean out the Freezer & Pantry Challenge" this month, since my freezer still has buried treasures from month's past in there. The fish & assorted frozen veggies will be used and older noodles & beans from the pantry too.

Food Waste Report.....some salad mix that went slimy while we were out of town. Not wasted, just composted.

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

I'm off to go snip some salad greens from the garden for tonight's dinner. I am so excited!! I didn't think we'd see any greens big enough to munch on until Oct. at the rate things were growing(or NOT growing). All that rain finally stopped and we had some decent heat last week while away and all the baby plants decided to do some growing. ;-))

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.