Monday, July 27, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....July 27th Edition

Well, last week's Meal Plan went well until Tuesday. If you are a regular reader you know that my 4 yr. old glass top range decided to spontaneously CRACK while I was reheating the leftover Pork BBQ for Monday night's dinner on one of the burners.
Just cracked.
And it will be A MONTH before the replacement glass will arrive to replace.....meaning no cooking for a month.
And it will cost half what we paid for this range.
Can you tell I am NOT amused?? 8-P

Even with a busted evil stove, I was able to stick to the Meal Plan fairly well. Luckily the only meal affected was the Fish Fry.....obviously can't fry fish without a stove top, right?lol So we worked around having to use the stove top. I made grilled cheese sandwiches one night, using a baking sheet on the gas grill instead. I tried to cook the BBQ Chicken Pizza I made on Thursday on the grill too but alas, my pizza pan was too large to fit, so it went into the oven of the Cursed Stove.

Needless to say, hubby went out and purchased a new range on Saturday after I struck out finding one used locally, on Craigslist or eBay during the week.
So until they deliver the new range(thursday) we are either cooking out on the grill or using some FREE FOOD Coupons/Certificates.

Here's what our family of 3 will be eating this week...

Monday-Sausage Patty Sandwiches(from freezer/local meat), Grilled Onions, Cabbage(leftover from Corned Beef dinner last Sunday)
Tuesday-KFC Free Grilled 2 piece Meals
Wednesday-Grilled Fish, Grilled Squash(from the garden), Cheddar Biscuits(from Bisquick mix)
Thursday-Pizza(frozen), Salad(from the garden)
Friday-Rigatoni with Meat Sauce, Sauted Swiss Chard w/Bacon(from the garden)
Saturday-Ham Slices, Mac & Cheese, Veggie(whatever is ripe from the garden)
Sunday-Eating Out($4 Restaurant.com Certificate)

Desserts-M&M Cookies, Peaches

The cookies will only be made IF the weather isn't too hot. Otherwise, we'll suffer through the week with Ice Cream instead.....poor, poor us.lol
I'll be making my Meat Sauce for the pasta from scratch in the Crockpot. I'll do a play-by-play on Friday on how to make that the low & slow way w/out heating up your kitchen.

My shopping list for this week's meals consists of 1 item-hamburger buns for the sausage patty sandwiches. Hubby is stopping to pick that up so I don't even have to go into a grocery store this week.
Since the garden is starting to produce goodies, I am incorporating garden veggies into our meal plan this week. The money I am NOT spending at the grocery store this week, I'll take to the farm stand later this week to get a big mess of green beans...some for eating now and a lot more to put up for winter.

Food Waste Report.....We cleared out a lot of leftovers this past week. I dug something out of the back of the fridge that went into the trash. It was so old and bad I can't even tell you what it had been in a previous life.lol I also pitched out some old sour cream that had started to grow fuzz on the lid. ick

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. yay for garden veggies! I have a second baby zuke just coming on. After all the rain and hotter temps we've had lately, I honestly thought the first one would be watermelon size by now, but no... it's not looking so hot. Hope I don't end up with my zukes pooping out like last summer... still don't quite know what happened, but they weren't happy. Anyway, glad to hear you have a new range coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wanna make pizza on your grill try useing tortilla bread brush a little oliva on the bread then add you own tops comes out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love M&M cookies! I think I am going to try to bake some treats for dessert for next week :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.