Monday, July 20, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....July 20th Edition Leftovers Galore, 3 From-Scratch Meals

This is an easy week for me, as far as the Meal Planning goes. Lots of leftovers from cooking Double Batches last week.

Here's what our family of 3 will be eating this week...

Monday-Leftover Pork BBQ, Leftover Boston Baked Beans, Leftover Cornbread
Tuesday-Leftover Alfredo Primavera over fresh Rigatoni noodles, Tossed Salad(from the garden)
Wednesday-BLT Sandwiches, Clam Chowder(from scratch)
Thursday-BBQ Chicken Pizza(from scratch), Spinach Salad(from the garden)
Friday-Leftover Buffet(whatever is still leftover at this point)
Saturday-Chinese dining out for lunch, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for dinner
Sunday-Fried Foods dinner--Fish, French Fries, Hush Puppies, Zuchinni or Squash(from the garden)
Desserts-Rice Krispy Treats(leftover), some kind of Cookies or Cake Balls(if I get ambitious and the weather doesn't get too hot to run the oven), Watermelon, Peaches

As for last week's menu....I didn't make the Pizza or Clam Chowder from scratch so I apologize for the lack of Recipe Updates in my blog during the week. We got Take-Out Chinese one night and we just ate leftovers again the other night. I've put both the chowder and the pizza on this week's menu and will attempt recipe updates for Wed., Thurs. & Sun.'s meals during the week. Those 2 meals and the Fish Fry on Sunday are the only real cooking I'm doing this week. Thank goodness for leftovers!lol
Don't write to me complaining about the Fried Food dinner & how unhealthy frying food is. We don't eat fried hardly at all(a sacrilege to my southern soul), so this is a rare treat. ;-)

Ingredients not-on-hand yet are....celery, potatoes(for chowder), red onions(for pizza), tomato(for BLTs), potatoes again(for french fries). Hopefully I'll have some yellow squash &/or zukes ready to pick by Sunday for that night's dinner.
So the shopping list is-1 bunch celery,1 bag of potatoes, 1 red onion, 1 tomato & a watermelon. There aren't any great deals in the local grocery stores that I can see(or I can use)so I'm going to try to just go to the Farm Market this week for my food shopping. I should be able to do this for about $12.

#1 son(who is off working near Lake Erie this summer) got a few days off and decided with 2 friends from work to take a trip to NYC & the NJ shore. They will be stopping here either tonight or tomorrow night to sleep a night before heading back to western PA. I'll be feeding them so I'm not sure how this will affect my Meal Plan this week. I have other proteins in the freezer so I'm hoping I can whip them up something good without having to go buy a ton of other groceries.
I'll report in next week on what I managed to do.

With all that free time I'll have NOT COOKING I'll be packing up from Saturday's Yard Sale and going through things to take to Salvation Army.

Food Waste Report.....about 1 cup of cauliflower that got pushed to the back of the fridge and became a penicillin experiment.

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I love rice krispie treats. Have you ever made them dipped in chocolate?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.