Monday, July 13, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....July 13th Edition some 'From Scratch' Cooking


Here's what our family of 3 will be eating this week...

Monday--Fettuccine Alfredo Primavera(using leftover squash), Tossed Salad(from garden)
Tuesday--Chicken Enchiladas(from scratch), Corn
Wednesday--Refrigerator Roulette-pick a leftover in the fridge ;-)
Thursday--Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Greens(not sure which kind yet)
Friday--Pizza(either BBQ Chicken or Chicken Wing-from scratch)
Saturday--New England Clam Chowder (from scratch) & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Sunday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes in crockpot

You will notice that I am cooking for only 3 now. Daughter got a call on Friday that some one had not shown up to work at camp, so they asked her to come back to work 3 weeks earlier than she was suppose to. So hubby drove her out on Sat. That also explains why we never had the Fettuccine Alfredo last Saturday....it's back on the menu for this week.
I also didn't have time Sunday to get my Burrito making session finished, so it's on the schedule for today. While cooking for the burritos I'll also make the meatballs for Thursday's dinner and assemble the Chicken Enchiladas for Tuesday's meal. That way I get all these meals done in one shot, except for the heating them up part.

I'm doing a fair amount of Cooking from Scratch this week. I'll try to post photos and recipes the evening or the day after I serve that dish. Check back then for updates.

I had to run out Sunday afternoon to Weis for cabbage to make the coleslaw for the Pork BBQ we had that evening. While there I happened on 5 packages of Ground Beef marked down to .99¢ lb.(and it wasn't at the expiration date!). I spent an extra $8 of the grocery budget for those. 2 went into the freezer & 3 will be used for the meatballs and burrito filling for some of the burritos.
Even though I had Ground Beef in the freezer I could thaw, it was worth it to pick up these cheap packages of meat and use them instead. Ground Beef is not an item that stays too long in our freezer.

I am still cleaning out old foodstuffs to use up this week. So far, this morning I used some old frozen fruit up & dinner will include an older pantry item. Will report in on all that later tonight.

Food Waste Report.....part of a tasteless cantaloupe. Straight to the compost it went...yuck!lol
Daughter would often make her own dinner. Some of them were, let's call them "creative"....meaning, this is something no one else here wants to eat.lol She left quite a few in the fridge when she left Saturday. The dogs will enjoy finishing her handiwork for her this week.

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.