Tuesday, July 7, 2009

$60K Savings Challenge JUNE Totals...Halfway There!

I have posted my JUNE End of Month 60K $AVING$ CHALLENGE Totals.
Check out the side bar to your right for the specific numbers.

I am once again able to say that we finished up JUNE in THE BLACK!
The Savings for June was under $1000. Not great but good. At least we didn't Live Beyond Our Means this month, which is NEVER a good plan.

The MasterCard bill(which is paid off each month-NO BALANCE EVER!)was just over $1584.33 this month. We had some big unusual purchases like the CAR RENTAL(while my van was in the shop due to daughter's accident), the purchase from the local nursery for the garden & #1 son needing new pants & shoes(that boy is so compact that I haven't bought him clothes in 1.5 yrs!). Those 3 purchases alone account for $973.62 of the cc bill.

We had a bit of rolled coins as usual, but I am still sitting out on eBay for now.
I do plan on having a Yard Sale soon. I'll be selling some of my stockpile to raise some cash.

On the recurring utlities front, we saw a $1.20 reduction in the cost of the electric bill from May. We did have a couple of days early on in June where the A/C was run but this hasn't had any impact on the electric bill. The water bill was an identical amount to May's bill which is freaky. Last month water usage was up because of opening the pool for the season. Hubby has been dealing with pool problems in June, where he's had to partially empty and refill the pool so usage is still up. Gas purchases went up, as the price of gas at the pump rose.

The Food Budget costs for June are in another post, which is located Here. Food/Toiletries spending in June was my lowest monthly total for the year. I am determined to bring that total down even more in July. No stockpiling is needed & the garden should start producing this month, so if I can stay out of the grocery stores I can have a VERY low monthly food spending for July.

We are Six Months into this Challenge. At the HALFWAY MARK, we have a Savings Total of $12,146.75 for the year.

Not the $30 Thousand(halfway to the $60 Goal) I was shooting for at the halfway point, but still, $12 Thousand could have a significant impact on anyone's life.

What's ahead for July.....I plan on a much lower Food/Toiletries Spending. We also have a bonus week in the pay schedule so a 3rd paycheck is coming this month. Between those 2 things and the normal amount we usually save in a given month, I am hoping to realize approx. $4000 toward the Savings Challenge for July. It might have been a higher number, except for some CC charges coming due(4 pair of prescription eyeglasses, hotel stays, food & gas bought for the 970 mile trip we had to take last week)later this month.
If I get around to doing the Yard Sale too, that should add to my Savings total for July.

Check out Money Saving Mom's Blog May Financial Update Post to see how others are saving money and living more frugally Here.

Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.