Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CleanseFest....Thar She Blows!!!


What can I say?
The CleanseFest at Chez Sluggy has been prematurely ended.
I was doing well with Phase One-the Slim Fast Week.
No Problems there......well, except for all the sweetness.
After 4 days of what was to be a WEEK of Phase One, because of conditions beyond my control, we moved to Phase Two-the Lemon Cleanse Week waaay ahead of schedule.

I lasted 2 DAYS.....ok, a few hours shy of 2 FULL Days on Phase Two before I threw in the Towel.

I rather enjoyed subsiding on nothing but pure water & lemon or lime with water. The hunger pains got to me a tad but I could deal with that.
I could also take the maple syrup added to the lemon water, no problem.
I didn't care for the cayenne pepper I was suppose to add(just a pinch!)to the lemon water but I could put the cayenne into capsules and take it that way to get around having a perpetual mouth on fire.
Straight pepper and I don't get along too well....
But.....

This whole deal of a Sea Salt Oral Enema first thing each morning was the deal breaker!!!
Yes, I was required to mix 2 teaspoons of sea salt into a quart of water(lukewarm)each morning upon rising and drink it down. It is suppose to shoot through your system and get 'things' moving, if you catch my drift.
O.
M.
G.

I tried.....really I did!
I got it down the first morning. Then I sat for 2 hours trying NOT to throw up. I kept it down but I was soooo nauseous for most of the day. Which made me a tad crankier than usual and did NOT lead me to get things done as planned.

And without getting too graphic, let's just say it had no ENEMA AFFECT on me, as it was suppose to.

The morning of Day Two I started feeling queasy just thinking about having to down another quart of tepid sea salt water. Daughter came downstairs on Day Two, took one look at me sitting there about to drink that glass of briny hotness and declared that she was quitting!
What a rat!!! So much for the Cleansing Buddy system!
She said she would cheer me on though......gee, thanks......what a kid! 8-P

Since my brain knew what was coming, every time I tried to put the glass to my lips, my gag reflex would kick in.
So, I tried putting some sea salt on the back of my tongue and washing it down with some plain water. I figured it would mix and dissolve on the way down my gullet and have the same affect down below(or not have the affect, as it didn't the day before). It was a little easier to stomach getting the salt and water down this way for me.
After 15 min. or so I had polished off the quart of H2O and the salt.
So I sat......and waited.......and waited......waited for those all too familiar waves of nausea. And they came and they screamed at me, "I'm not staying down!"
And I bolted for the bathroom and hurled FOUR quarts & swamped Mr. Tidy Bowl Man's little boat.

I stayed on the Lemon Water Concoction for the rest of the day before sending up the White Flag of surrender.

Lemon Cleanse 1
Sluggy 0

So, I'm going back to my Phase One regime for now and will contemplate another method to irrigating my innards that isn't something out of the Marquis de Sade Playbook.

I don't have a scale so I don't know if or how much actual weight I lost(if any), but I do feel better....not from the experience of drinking sea salt water but from the whole giving my gastrointestinal tract a bit of a break. The fasting part of this ordeal is something I want to do again and for a longer time when things here settle down a bit. We've got some stuff going on which is not going to let me doing any fasting for the time being.
We'll continue with this Project in some other form, in the near future hopefully.

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing!! There are few things I think feel worse than nausea, and ugh on trying to drink down 2 quarts of tepid, salty water :P How about an OTC colon cleanse product instead? If you decide to even go that route.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.