Friday, June 26, 2009

CleanseFest....Day 3 & 4 My Kingdom for a Salt Lick!

Day Three went rather well. I think I was over the hump with the nastier hunger pains by the end of the 3rd day of the CleanseFest.

I will say that at the end of Day 3 I was so tired of Slim-Fast shakes! Why are these things so blasted sweet?? Why do they think that people on reduced or restricted calorie intake diets ONLY want to eat sweet flavored stuff? These things have so much sugar in them.
After 3 days of sweet, sweet, sweet, I would give my eye teeth for a DILL PICKLE.....or a Greek Salad with Oil & Vinegar Dressing......or a big Vat of SAURKRAUT. I DETEST Saurkraut by the way....

Ok.....just give me Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips!
************drool***************

So Day Four(today) & I took daughter and we made our run to do the Kraft/Unilever/General Mills Catalina Deal at Shop-Rite.
As we were far from home during meal time with no SF shake with us, we broke down and ate FOOD today for lunch.
Not just any food.....Chinese Food!
I took it easy with the meats, staying away from any Beef dishes and sampled from the chicken & shrimp dishes. I loaded up with the veggies in the dishes as well as sauteed green beans. No rice except for what was on the sushi I ate. I did eat some dumplings though, which I shouldn't have had. I usually get a soup bowl and dip dumpling sauce into it for my dumplings. Well I put the dumplings right in the bowl so they REALLY soaked up that sauce.
I didn't notice that the sauce was a tad RED today(aka CHILI OIL!!!)and took a big honking bite out of one of the dumplings. It took exactly 4 seconds for my mouth to catch fire from that bite.
Great.
Googley.
Moogley.

I took the dumplings out of the sauce of FIRE! and tried to dry them out. After picking chili flakes(!) off of them, I tried dunking them in Duck Sauce. But that just kept my mouth from burning about 5 extra seconds after putting a piece of dumpling in again. Then the HEAT hit me on the 'back end' of my mouth, as it slid down my esophagus.
I choked down 2.5 dumplings before my lips went numb and I raised the white paper napkin of surrender.
9 hours later, I can still feel a bit of tingle on my lips.....
I KNOW I ate too much but it was so good! And I haven't had anything else today because of it.

The Shop-Rite run kept me from my water consumption most of the afternoon so I am downing glasses of water this evening to catch up.
I am sure my kidneys are screaming at me to stop by now.

Oh, but the kidneys haven't seen anything yet! As daughter may be returning to work at camp a week from Sunday, we have to step up the schedule so we can get in at least 7 days of the second part of this CleanseFest.

Tomorrow, Phase Two begins.
Phase Two is 7 days of drinking a mixture of Water/Lemon/Syrup/Cayenne Pepper, in addition to plain water too. Actually, the spicy dumplings was probably a good way to get me used to the Cayenne Pepper in the drink I have to consume.

And I get to begin the next seven days with an Oral Sea Salt & Water Enema.
Oh goody!
Can't.
Wait.

I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures and share this part of my adventure with you.
I'm sure ya'll can't wait for that, huh?LOLOL

Off to work on some Frugal Shopping reports. I have Wags, CVS & Shop-Rite to post on, as well as some Cleaning out the Freezer stuff and a Recipe.
Look for those in the coming days....in between trips to the bathroom. ;-))

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Yep, this is the same Master Cleanse that my DD did. Drink all the water you can along with your lemon/syrup/cayenne stuff. Seemed to me that with all the *flushing* you will need to make sure you don't get your electrolytes all out of whack. Drink your water.

    Looking forward to the next report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how many pounds a person is supposed to lose after all that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon-I'm not doing this specifically to loose lbs. Well, it's not like I can't stand to lose 10 or 110 lbs here.lol It's more about flushing out the old innards....like flusing your cars radiator or tranny. Get the old gunk out so it runs better. Any lbs. lost in the process are a bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.