Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CAT JAM FEVER at Wags, got Paid 11 cents to Shop

I had some CAT JAM FEVER today at Walgreens!
No, it's NOT a new Ted Nugent song parody(but it probably could be!lol).
And it's NOT a new Food Network Celeb's Food Product(though it would make a great name for a new Bobby Flay inspired hot sauce).
But it IS totally descriptive of my outing to Wags today.
Read on.....

So I had my scenarios all written down to roll my RRs for the week today. Got to the store and surpise, surprise!.....they had ALL the RR generating items in stock.

I get through the 1st Transaction, and then as the Cat machine is spitting out my 5 RRs for my 2nd Transaction it J-A-M-S mid Cat!

ARGH!!!

Why.

Me??

The paper jammed and the machine starts beeping and blinking and making some gosh awful noise like a gerbil is stuck in the gears of the thing.

Good grief!

The cashier is opening the front, fixing the paper, closing the front, then opening the back and sticking her hand in there playing with some wires. I am having visions of her electrocuting herself over some catalinas and the paramedics rushing in to carry her off in an ambulance.

But she somehow RESET the thing.

It stopped beeping.

It stopped blinking.

And it stopped printing the rest of my Cats as it had reset and now had no memory of my Cats.

UGH.

So I got the 1st Cat and 1/4 of the 2nd one.

She calls the Manager.

The manager doesn't want to come up front because he just got a delivery in the back & is busy with that. He asks the cashier which Cats I need and she tries to tell him.

About 5 mins. later another employee comes up front with 3 papers & has the cashier give them to me. It's the dreaded forms to mail to the Cat company for your RRs that don't print. Of course, he should have brought FOUR forms, not three. I've got the Calcium D Cat, but need my Colgate $1.50RR, my Speed Stick $1RR, my Reach $3RR & my Tropicana $1RR. The forms he gave me where for the Edge Gel RR, the Colgate RR & a J&J RR(Reach is J&J but the RR amount is wrong). So I tell the cashier the forms are wrong or missing and she calls the Manager again.

Another 10 mins. go by and he finally shows up. I explain that I would have been more than happy to submit the forms(well, I lied...I HATE those forms!lol)but they were wrong or missing except for 1 AND 2 of them were NOT valid after today(had to be postmarked today 5/27!, even though the RR deals are active until Sat.)!)& there was no way I could get them in the mail today.

He looked at my receipt and gave the items I had bought the once over. Then he tried to tell me that my RRs didn't print because I used Coupons to buy them.

Oh, if I only had $1 for every time I've heard that lie!LOLOL

Don't these people understand that we all KNOW this is false by now?!?!

Geez.....they just keep trying this same old line on us, don't they?

So I came back at him, confidently, that I KNOW that isn't why they didn't print. The machine was in mid-print when it jammed, so it WAS trying to print RR #2 and would have printed the other 3 had it not jammed. My item count was 2 over my coupon count INCLUDING the RRs I used to pay. No RRs used in payment were from the same company as the items I purchased. I then pulled out a duplicate set of coupons like I had just used and said, "I can prove this snafu was NOT an error on my part by rebuying all the items on this receipt and using this identical set of coupons like I just used. I'll guarantee this other Cat machine at this register will print 5 RRs for $9,$3, $1.50 & 2x $1s. like it was trying to do over there before the machine jammed."

That seemed to satisfy him that I wasn't just some greenhorn couponer he could bluff. ;-)

Usually, like when the machine was broken 2 trips back, they just rering everything and print the RRs. Mr. "I'm too busy" just grabbed some already used RRs from the other register that equaled what they owed me and gave them to me.

As long as I got what was due me, that was fine.

Of course, I didn't look closely at the RRs he gave until I got home, so I didn't notice that 1 of them expires this Sat.

Ugh.

Usually you have 2 weeks to use them or lose them. I have 3 days to use this one. grrrrr

Then I went and bought the same items from Transaction #2 again and guess what??.....all 5 RRs printed! Amazing......lol

The last 3 Transactions went smoothly. The whole process should have taken 1/2 hr. or less but because of the Cat jam snafu, I was in the store twice as long as I should have been.


I won't do a Play-by-Play Breakdown as it's late.

On my last Transaction, the register wouldn't take my Cutter's Repellant Q for $2.....might have been because I bought a double pack of sprays that was on sale and not a single bottle. Instead of pressing the point, I told her to take that item off my bill and I'll not use that coupon.....I could live without some bug spray today. She had already imputed my RRs as payment, so the total was -$2.98, meaning I had paid $2.98 over what was due.

So she refunded that amount back onto my Gift Card, which was fine by me. The Gift Card $ doesn't expire in 2 weeks like a RR.lol



I just figured out my total OOP for these 6 Transactions and the first 5 came to $2.89. Then they owed ME $2.98, so I bought everything today and they paid me .11¢!



Grand Totals.....

Value of Items $164.48

Out of Pocket Negative $.11

Is 100.06% Savings possible??LOL

RRs Used $87RR

RRs Received $60.50RR



It should have been $61RRs as Mr. Manager gipped me out of .50RR. I can live with that though.

I did burn some RRs today. #1 son wanted some acne soap & they had some good stuff on sale, etc. I've got so many RRs I didn't mind burning through some, especially since next week I'll be getting free Ecotrin RRs with those $2 Qs I have.lol

So here is what I got.....


6 Colgate Toothpaste
9 Reach Toothbrushes
3 Reach Dental Floss
1 Listerine
5 Speed Stick Deo
3 Calcium D Supplements
2 Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheez
2 Chicken Broth
1 Mayo
2 Tropicana O.J.(NOT PICTURED)
2 PanOxyl Acne Soap
1 Wags Freezer Bags clearanced

All this and they paid me .11¢

They should have paid me $50 for the aggravation.lol

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. You are truly inspirational (and funny to boot)!!! I wouldn't have had the patience to stand up to the manager. I've had similar (but less complicated) run ins and have a tendency to give up and then stew about it. Good for you getting what you're owed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why you are my hero
    thanks for the laugh and the scenarios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty-If you ever live to be as old & decaying as me, you'll get ornery & a too tired to care what anyone thinks anymore attitude. At least I can still entertain folks....lol Thanks for sticking around. I can't be rich, thin or beautiful, so I strive for funny.

    Anony-thanks for reading & the compliment. Not sure if I am a good role model for Anyone however.....lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.