Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walgreen's-cheap Peanut Butter, Fish Oil & Beans-95% Savings

Stopped by WAGS today to roll some RRs.
**Be careful this week if you are rolling the $4.50 Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste RRs from last week. Don't use this RR to pay in a transaction buying the Colgate Max Fresh/White Toothbrush or Toothpaste, or you won't get your Max White/Fresh RR. I mention this because it almost tripped me up today!

Let me just give a disclaimer here for all my Compact following friends, before you see the photo below. There are sinful Paper Towels in the photo. Now, I don't do paper towels in any way shape or form, since my sick old dog passed away last May. I hate paper towels, I always have since my mom first bought them in about 1973. But I am married to a human being who thinks Mighty Highly of them & grew up using them. He doesn't care if he's destroying the planet when he needs to use a paper towel.

He also pays for things around here, as he is the gainfully employed one and he is very good to me. So I let him have his few indulgences. My only request is that I buy the paper towels & not him.
He is a typical man.....you need an item, you go into the nearest place that sells item and you buy it. You don't even look at the price, you don't find one that is less expensive if there is a choice and good lord!, you DON'T USE COUPONS!
So, if paper towels are coming into this house, they are coming in through MY FRUGAL, COUPON USING, CHEAP SELF FILTER! I get em but I get em cheap. I'm not happy about it but I do what I gotta do. 'Nuff said.

With that, here's the haul from this afternoon......




Transactions #1



Colgate Max Fresh Toothbrush $2.99
Iceland Health Fish Oil $8.00
2x TUF Paper Towels @$.89=$1.78
Subtotal $12.77
Tax $.08

Coupons Used....
Colgate Toothbrush $1.00
Iceland Health $5.00
WAG Q Tuf Paper Towels $.60
Coupon Total $6.60

Used $4.50RR from Listerine
$1.75 OOP
Received $8RR Fish Oil, $2RR Toothbrush



Transactions #2

Colgate Max Fresh Toothbrush $2.99
Iceland Health Fish Oil $8.00
2x TUF Paper Towels @$.89=$1.78
Peter Pan Peanut Butter clearance $.87
Subtotal $13.64
Tax $.08

Coupons Used....
Colgate Toothbrush $1.00
Iceland Health $5.00
WAG Q Tuf Paper Towels $.60

Coupon Total $6.60
Used $2.50RR from Bayer, $2RR from Pert, $2RR from Pert
$.62 OOP put on Gift Card
Received $8RR, $2RR




Transactions #3

Colgate Max Fresh Toothbrush $2.99
2x Milky Way Bars @$.89=$1.78
Bayer Crystals $2.49
Subtotal $7.26
Tax $.00

Coupons Used....
Colgate Toothbrush $1.00
Bayer Crystals $1.00
WAG Q Mars Candy Bars x2 $.80
Coupon Total $2.80

Used $2RR from Pert, $2RR from Right Guard
$.46 OOP on Gift Card
Received $2.50RR, $2RR



Transactions #4

Iceland Health Fish Oil $8.00
6x Van Camp's Beans raincheck @$.50=$3.00
Peter Pan Peanut Butter clearanced $.87
Subtotal $11.87
Tax $.00

Coupons Used....
Iceland Health $5.00
Van Camp's $.75
Coupon Total $5.75

Used $2RR from Pert, $2RR from Right Guard, $2RR from Right Guard
$.12 OOP
Received $8RR

Transactions #5

5x Peter Pan Peanut Butter clearanced @$.87=$4.35
Subtotal $4.35
Tax $.00

No Coupons used

Used $2RR from Right Guard, $2RR from Pert
$.35 OOP



Value of Items $72.87

Coupons Used $21.75

OOP Spent $3.30($1.08 on GC/$2.22 Cash)

Savings 95.5%

RRs Used $25.00

RRs Received $32.50

I should have bought a 3rd Paper Towel on my 1st transaction and I could have used another $2RR to pay and had a $.37OOP instead of $1.75OOP. Doh!lol

I hate all these $2RRs I had. Made it harder to roll.
I did burn some RRs though for that amazingly cheap peanut butter...what a good price!
No Roots of Nature yet at this store. The truck comes tomorrow so I'll have to live without it as I don't have time or another reason to be over in that part of town the rest of the week.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Where did you get the Iceland Health coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. go to http://www.ceasejointpain.com/ Click on the $5 Q & it brings up a pdf. Now this Q is not specific to the Fish Oil. I pointed that out to the cashier but she said it was ok to take. I wouldn't use it unless they say it's ok, just like the Roots of Nature Q(which I haven't gotten a chance to use yet here), since that Q doesn't specify the RON brand from that company either. I think both of these Qs are a YMMV situation.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.