Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May Charity Challenge....Share the Stockpile Wealth!

I regularly read Tanya's blog, over at the CVS SAVER. I am taking part in her monthly Charity Challenge for May. Please go check it out and think about sharing some of your couponing good fortunate with others like the Challenge Participants have.

The Lutheran Church here in Teeny Tiny Town has quite a few active social outreach programs. One of them being an area Food Bank or Pantry. I'm just blessed to overflowing with foodstuffs here from all the good deals I have found using coupons. We can't possibly eat it all so I called up the church and offered to make a donation to the Food Pantry from my stockpile. Here is what we put together to take over for the Pantry shelves.





This Church also holds a Free Medical Clinic for those who can't afford to go to the Dr. or to an Emergency Room for treatment. They are always in need of supplies and medicines too. I asked the lady up at the Church if they could use some Diabetic Glucose Monitors. She isn't involved in the Clinic but she said to bring them. If they can't use them, they will know of someone or some place else where they can be put to good use.
So we're also taking these up to the Church in the morning....


What Random Act of Kindness have YOU performed this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I am taking a bag of "goodies" to a friend of mine. Her husband's family owns a farm and she is a teacher. They have three kids under the age of 7. I told her I would love to help her learn the whole couponing thing, but the goody bag when I go over will be a surprise! I go Friday and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put a whole box full of coupon-acquired goodies (food and toiletries) out for the mail carrier to pick up Saturday morning for the national Stamp Out Hunger food bank drive. Felt good to offer so much and also know that it didn't break the bank to get the supplies in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is great. I put out a ton of stuff for Stamp out Hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the church across teh street from my house just started a food pantry and I plan on going through my stockpile and coming up with a bunch of stuff to donate. I also plan to donate several reusable bags made from spare cloth in my scrap pile.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.