Saturday, May 2, 2009

60K SAVING$ CHALLENGE-APRIL Update

I have posted my April End of Month 60K $AVING$ CHALLENGE Totals.

I am once again able to say that we finished up April in THE BLACK!
Yesssss!

The MasterCard bill(which is paid off each month-NO BALANCE EVER!)was just over the $1K mark(Feb. it was over $2.3K) in April, under $100 more than the previous month.

We had a bit of rolled coins as usual, but you will notice there is NO eBay income again for April. I have just been so busy with the kids and other things in April PLUS the selling prices on eBay have been abyssmal so I just didn't bother trying to sell there. I did close my eBay store for now, so at least I wasn't spending money on that. I do have to continue to pay the auction management fee however, or lose all my photo & listing storage. It is worth the $10/mo. NOT to have to reload all that data back into my file storage and then reload it onto the management site when I do go back to selling. Trust me....it's alot of work and would waste too much of my time. I'd rather pay the $10 for it to sit there.

Out of the ordinary expenses for April were low....A small State Income Tax bill due & a deposit for #1 son's upcoming College enrollment. I pay the private Garbage collection bill quarterly so it was paid this month as well.

We saw a reduction in the cost of the electric bill, while the water bill held steady. In May, we'll be able to turn off the heat totally, so that will help bring the electric bill down some more. The gasoline/fuel bills are lower thanks to a small reduction in cost at the pump and I've been consolidating trips out to save gas.

On the other hand, I anticipate a large VET BILL in May as the doggies are due for their yearly check-up/tests. Not only are kids expensive, but pets are also!

I'm still spending too much on the food/household budget. Well, we do have the money for it, but I had hoped to lower how much I spend in this category. I'll be updating the Food Budget costs for April in another post-which is located Here.

Four Months into this Challenge, & so far we have a Savings Total of $9150.44 for the year.

Hubby's car is starting to show it's age, so this money will come in handy next year, as we'll probably need to replace his vehicle then.
It's so nice to be able to sleep at night, not worrying about not having Money in the Bank to cover the costs of things we want or need to do/buy.

Now is the PERFECT time to start saving money if you aren't already. Get started today!
If you don't know where or how to start, email me. I'd be happy to give some advice or pointers on how to start putting money away.

Check out Money Saving Mom's Blog April Financial Update Post to see how others are saving money and living more frugally Here.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.