Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sluggy is having a Bad Week

Have you ever heard that old saying that bad things come in 3s?
Well being the overachievers we are, 'our' bad things came in 4s this past week.

First #2 son got his report card.....with a D in Math!
Ack! His first D he is quick to tell everyone. Like being the 1st one makes it better?lol
Hopefully this grade is an anomaly on his part. If not, he'll be watching less screens(computer & tv)this summer and be attending Mommy Math Boot Camp. ;-)

Then #1 son lost his after-school job. Granted it was a crummy job, & we knew the 'letting him go' part was coming and #1 son isn't too broken up over it(he hated that job with a passion!lol). It wasn't a good fit as a job for his skill set and he didn't get along very well with his bosses or the brown-nosing couple of coworkers(oh the colorful names he gave them all.....If it were me, I'd sum then up under the heading, "A Confederancy of Dunces".). The owner/manager knew #1 son was going to be leaving after high school ended anyway and was reducing his hours to the point of trying to get him to quit, but he hung in there until he received a letter in the mail last Friday that his position was terminated. The gutless manager didn't have the decency to tell the kid to his face that he was fired.....she had to hide behind a letter.
It took all my fortitude not to go down to that store and tell them what "I" thought of them and their managerial style....or lack thereof. lolol

And the third thing was the daughter crashing my car into that pole....which you can read about in an earlier post here.

To top it all off, last Sunday I started coming down with the Mother of all Sinus Infections. This week has been a fog for me, when I've been able to hold my head vertical. When my head wasn't spinning, my ears were ringing or my nose was running. The only relief has been multiple sessions with the Neti Pot and warm saline water.....aaaaaaahhhhh!
It still freaks the kids out to watch but man, it sure makes my head feel better to irrigate my sinus cavity.
Of course, we had those 2 August Weather Days earlier in the week while I was suffering through this head cold/sinus episode. I don't do well in the heat under the best of conditions so this just added to the misery on my part.
90 degrees in April in PA....What was UP with THAT??!!!

Ok....I guess I need to either shaddup about this or commence serving some cheese about now with all this 'whine'.lolol

Here's the 411 on the Neti Pot....



Personally, I like this guy's Frugal Neti Pot!



On the Good side of things, I think I am over the worst of this sinus infection, I haven't murdered anyone(not like I didn't have the opportunity!), & I got a rental car to use(b/c the insurance adjustor nixed driving the crashed car until getting it fixed). Rental car means I was able to hit the stores to roll some RRS at Wags and use some 4/30 expiring Qs at the grocery store today. Just that little bit of 'out & about' today wore me out, bringing on chills and then fever. I am hitting the bed momentarily and shutting down the computer until late tomorrow.
I just need to sleep and not think about deals and Qs, being frugal & green or worrying about updating the blog. Maybe I can guilt the family here into some TLC for Mom over the weekend too. Wouldn't hurt to try, right?lol

So, I'll be back in a couple of days everyone. Less delirious(well, sort of), more rested and ready to take on the new Sunday Inserts. ;-))

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. hope you feel better - sounds like how I felt last week. Seriously, ugh! Mom TLC will help a lot, so definitely guilt your family into giving you a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pretty", I hope you are feeling better yourself.
    Yah, when it comes to family, we moms have to use all the Guilt we can, right?lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.