Monday, April 6, 2009

Meal Plan Monday April 6th Edition



This week's menu is mostly Eating from the Pantry/Freezer again, except for the Ham I bought Sat. for "Company's Coming Over for Easter" Sunday's meal(though I will slice & freeze some of that for use later) and the Graham Cracker Pie Shell for the Key Lime Pie. I am out of fresh produce after using the last of the carrots today w/the roast chicken.
Oh, I do have a bunch of celery left and a few potatoes to make fries later in the week, but I need fresh produce this week (for raw or grilled dishes)so I have put the veggies on the menu that are on sale here this week.....zukes, peppers, lettuces, cabbage, carrots.

We did ok with food waste this week. The only leftover not eaten by humans was some baked fish. The beagles happily offered to help me out finishing that off.
Beagle=canine garbage disposal lolol


Last weeks' menu?
See my previous post about being flexible with the meal plan when 'life happens'.

Here's what is on the Menu at Sluggy's house this week.

MONDAY-Roasted Chicken, Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce
TUESDAY-Crab Cakes, Fries, Harvard Beets
WEDNESDAY-Tacos or Taco Salad, Corn
THURSDAY-Birthday Meal Out-postponed to this day due to illness
FRIDAY-Grilled Salmon, Coleslaw, Grilled Zucchini
SATURDAY-Chili, Cornbread
SUNDAY-Baked Ham, Deviled Eggs, Sweet Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Creamed Spinach, Salad, Boston Baked Beans, Macaroni Salad, Tossed Salad, Crudite Plate
DESSERTS FOR THE WEEK-Easter Parfaits, Key Lime Pie, No Bake Oatmeal/Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies

I'll post my Chili Recipe later in the week so check back around Wed/Thurs. for that.


My Bargain Meal this week is the Chili & Cornbread.

Bag of dried Beans....$.99
1lb. of Ground Beef...$1.69
1lb. of Ground Chicken.....$1.99
1 Lg. Can Crushed Tomatoes....$.50
Assorted Spices......$.30
1 small Onion.....$.25
1 Head of Garlic....$.20
2 boxes Cornbread Mix...$.80
2 Eggs....$.16
1 cup Milk....$.19
1/2 cup Veggie Oil...$.13
Hot Sauce....FREE(leftover Taco Bell Packets)

Ingredients Total...$7.20
Serving Cost....$.90 each for 8 Generous Servings

Organizing Junkie is the home to Menu Plan Monday. Go see what's on her and many other Home Cooks' Menus for the week at Organizing Junkie's website.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.