Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting FREE STUFF at TARGET


Here it was the last day of March and I had lots of coupons expiring this day.
I had a FREE ITEM Q for a new Cascade Rinse(it's like Jet-Dry). I also had $2 Qs for Gillette Body Wash. I had been to Target twice already & was looking for those smaller bottle of this Body Wash.....the ones I read that were $2, which would get me FREE Body Wash w/my Qs. So I headed on over to Target to try one last time before the Qs expired.
And BINGO! I finally found the 8 oz. Body Washes. More like they FINALLY had some in stock because the rack where they were located had been empty every trip until this one.
So I was able to use those 11 $2/1 Qs and get 11 FREE bottles along with that FREE Cascade Dishwasher Rinse.
I picked up the Glucerna Cereal for FREE too. The Q is $5/1 and the box is priced at $4.49 at Target & the cashier doesn't adjust it down in price, so it's a .51¢ overage.
I had a $1.50/1 for the Dawn Foaming Dish Soap and it was priced $2.49, so for .99¢ I thought I'd try it. The barcode on the Q rang up/took off $2 instead of $1.50! Basically, added to the overage on the Glucerna(51 cents) I got the Dawn Soap for Free too.
The only items I paid cash for were the Granola bars. They were on sale for $2.50 & I used 3 $1/1 Qs.

TRANSACTION
11x Gillette Body Wash @$2.00
1x Glucerna Cereal @ $4.49
1x Cascade Rinse @ $3.64
3x Granola Bars @ $2.50
1x Dawn Foam @ $2.49
Subtotal........$40.12
Tax.................$.36
TOTAL..........$40.48

Coupons Used....
11x Gillette Body Wash @ $2/1=$22
1x Glucerna Cereal @ $5/1
1x Cascade Rinse @ $3.64/1
3x Quaker Granola Bars @ $1/1=$3
1x Dawn Foam @ $1.50/1-rang up $2
TOTAL.........35.64

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET.....$4.84
SAVINGS of just over 88%!

Basically I paid for the Granola Bars and tax on the cleaning products.
These Body Wash are a good size to send with my #1 son who is going off to college in the fall.
I noticed that they had lots of stuff on the Clearance shelves in the toiletries dept. in Target. Quite a few items marked down I also had Qs for, but none of it would have been Free or under $1 even with a Q. So I just left it all there.
Yah, I'm getting a tad picky about the deals I do. If it isn't Free or I already have enough of it, I leave it.

Unless it's chocolate. You can never have ENOUGH Chocolate!
You can quote me on that.....

Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.