Thursday, March 19, 2009

WAG-ing on Sat. March 14th Oy! The Pain

I hit WAGS saturday night. I figured not much would be left on the shelves but I was in the area anyway, so I went to check it out. I don't do diapers anymore(thank goodness!), so I wasn't hounding after the Huggies deal.
Everything in pictured together from all Transactions, except 1 Coffee-Mate. Daughter polished it off before I could take a photo.lol

I went into the Store with $21 in RRs to spend.






Transaction #1


4 x Grape Nuts Cereal(I love this in yogurt!)@ $2.50 box
2 x Blue Diamond Nuts BOGO @ $3.49 for 2
2 x Coffee mate BOGO @ $2.48 for 2
1 Sambucol @ $12.99
2 x Smart Balance Butter Spread BOGO @ $2.99 for 2
6 x Dove Travel Size Deodorant @ $.99 ea.
Dr. Pepper Freezer Pops @ $2.00 (Just HAD to try these)
2 x Colgate Total Toothpaste @ $3.49 ea.
2 x Folding Travel Toothbrush 2 packs Clearance @ $.75 ea.
4 x Garnier 'Poo & Styling Products @ $2.99 ea.
1 Irish Spring Body Wash @ $4.49
SUBTOTAL $64.82

Coupons used...
Blue Diamond MQ $1/2
2 x $1.50/1 Coffee Mate IP Q -$3/2
Sambucol WAG Q -$10/1
Sambucol IP Q -$4/1
Smart Balance MQ -$1/2
3 x $1.50/2 Dove MQ -$4.50
2 x $1/1 Colgate MQ -$2/2
2 x $2.50 Colgate WQ -$5.00
4 x $1/1 Garnier MQ -$4/4
4 x $2.00 Garnier WQ -$8.00
Total Coupons....$42.50

WAGs RR Used....
7 x $2 RRs -$14.00

TOTAL $64.82-$42.50-$14+$.87 tax=$9.19 OOP

The Irish Spring Body Wash generated a FREE IS BODY WASH, the Grape Nuts Cereal generated a $4RR & the Dove Deodorants generated a $1.50/2 Q.
I know the travel Dove Deos weren't generating RRs, but I wanted to use my 3 coupons and that made these $.24 each. I am planning on giving a donation of toiletries to the local Women's Shelter and these are just the right size for that.
Transaction #2

2 x Grape Nuts Cereal @ $2.50 box
2 x Smart Balance Butter Spread BOGO @ $2.99 for 2
Colgate Toothpaste @ $3.49
Irish Spring Body Wash @ $4.49
2 x Coffee Mate BOGO @ $2.48 for 2
SUBTOTAL $18.45

Coupons used...
Smart Balance MQ -$1/2
Colgate MQ -$1/1
Colgate WQ -$2.50
Free Irish Spring RR -$4.49
2 x $1.50/1 Coffee Mate IP Q -$3/2
Total Coupons $11.99
WAGS RRs Used....
2 x $3.50 RRs -$7.00
TOTAL $18.45-$11.99-$7= -$.54 OOP

The Irish Spring Body Wash generated a FREE IS BODY WASH, the Grape Nuts Cereal generated a $2RR + a $1.50/2 Q for Grape Nuts.

This transaction was a mess!
The register wouldn't take one of my coupons this time and the Asst. Manager came over to 'help' and ended up voiding things and reringing and charging me a penny for the Body Wash(can't be giving things away for free!lol). He had no clue what he was doing and even said that management is NOT trained in running registers so they are clueless & the cashiers are the only ones in the store who really know how to operate the machines.LOLOL
So I think I got overcharged on this transaction BUT to complicate things even more....

After I got out into the car, I noticed all 4 Coffee Mates weren't sale priced on my register receipt. I had gotten the WRONG ONES! ugh The LIQUID were on sale, I got the POWDERED. So back into the store I went and exchanged them for the correct items. Now they owed me money back, as the Powdered were $4.49 & the liquid ones on sale were 2 for $2.48. So I got $8.04 back(4x $2.01 each). I have had to reconstruct the Transaction #2 receipt(and #1 to an extent)....this is why I come out with a negative OOP for #2.

Transaction #3

Irish Spring Body Wash @ $4.49

Coupon used...
Free Irish Spring Body Wash $4.49

TOTAL $4.49-$4.49 +$.27(tax)=$.27 OOP

The Catalina Machine stopped spitting out FREE Irish Spring RRs on this purchase. I think I wore it out.lol

GRAND TOTAL all 3 Transactions...$8.92 OOP

Value of Items.....$126.79
Savings of 92%

This post has been an ordeal to straighten out. Thank goodness it's over.lol
I need to go take a walk and clear my head now....

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.