Monday, March 2, 2009

The Return of the White Stuff


I was just thinking Saturday, "We haven't gotten much snow this winter. I wonder if we'll have a drought this summer?" We had that freakishly warm spell in February and ALL the snow melted. I have lived in northern/mountainous Pennsylvania for 22+ yrs. and have NEVER seen a winter where all the snow cover has melted before the spring thaw.....until this year. Could spring be close by??
Evidently not. The photo above was taken from my front porch. I woke up this morning to a new inch of snow on the ground and we have 3 inches currently. And it's still snowing sporadically.
It generally snows here until after Easter.....that would be the late April Easter.
This snow was NOT predicted to hit us!
Can I just go back to bed now?
sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Well, since you have already done your weekly menu plan, yes you can! Go back to bed with a big hot cuppa tea and a good book.
    Enjoy the snow, it is dry as a bone down here. We are into our second year of drought and no rain in the forecast. They are predicting Stage 4 water restrictions soon. I don't know what that means, but it sure sounds ominous doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Northern NY, up by Ottawa, Ontario and Montreal Quebec ( yes, way up there) and we don't have snow cover right now. We haven't had it for weeks. Scary, yes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.