Monday, March 16, 2009

Meal Plan Monday March 16th Edition

Last week's meal went according to plan until Wed. Then things just went south fast!lol
The Beans & the Pork Chops didn't happen...too much going on here to get dinner going in time & then I hurt my foot, so it was sandwiches and soup or death dogs....er I mean hot dogs. So we've put the beans on this week and the pork chops will make a return appearance next week. Saturday was eating out at the Chinese Restaurant and Sunday hubby made the Beef Pie for me, as I fell dead asleep for exhaustion...or maybe it was the painkillers. Luckily this dish is something he knows how to make and he just took over for me. What a guy! Must be why I married him. ;-)

I think we'll keep with at least 1 weekend night with leftovers. With #1 son working 3-4 nights a week after school & #1 daughter with late play practice some nights, we are having more leftovers lately.
I baked a double batch of cookies last week, as well as had to prepare all that ground beef I bought, as the price hit rock bottom for our area, so it was time to stock up. We now have taco meat and 4 packages of meatballs cooked and frozen for later use, as well as portioned out packages of raw ground beef.

Here's what is on the Menu at Sluggy's house this week.

MONDAY-Leftovers, Leftovers & MORE Leftovers!
TUESDAY-Boston Baked Beans, Sweet Potato Biscuits w/Smithfield Ham Slices
WEDNESDAY-Boiled Irish Dinner-Corned Beef, Cabbage, Carrots, Potatoes
THURSDAY-Baked Chicken, Au Gratin Potatoes, Corn-On-The-Cob
FRIDAY-Fish, Coconut Rice, Chinese Veggie Stir-Fry
SATURDAY-Leftovers
SUNDAY-Homemade Pizza, Salad
Desserts for the Week-Pineapple, Apple Pie, Leftover Cookies

I'll be posting a recipe for my Killer Boston Baked Beans, so check back to my blog Tuesday. I know, I promised to post the recipe last week, but we didn't actually HAVE the beans last week and I forgot.
Yep, I am a screw-up.
What can I say?

Organizing Junkie is the home to Menu Plan Monday.
Go see what's on her and many other Home Cooks' Menus for the week at Organizing Junkie's website.
$5 DINNERS is hosting the links to the Meal Plan Mondays this week. Check it out Here.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.