Thursday, March 26, 2009

CVS & the Scary Mean Old Cashier


I am way behind on reporting on my Hounding Adventures.

Here is a trip to CVS from last Monday, March 16th. Hubby was home so he came with me to witness my 'Couponing Powers'.lol
Not pictured are 2 Dry Idea Deodorants and a Pumice Stone w/a handle.
I had a $10/$50 CRT CVS coupon so here's how I got to $50.
3 Dry Idea Deodorants ($2.99+$4.49+$4.49)More on this later!
3 Wheat Thins (on sale for $1 ea.)
1 Ritz Crackers (on sale for $1 ea.)
1 Irish Spring Body Wash (on sale for $4.99)
1 Colgate Max Toothpaste (on sale for $2.99)
1 Huggies Wipes Refill(on sale for $5.99)
2 Bandaids (on sale for $3.29 & $4.29)
3 J&J First Aid Kits ($.99 ea.)
4 J&J Buddies Soap ($1.19 ea.)
Pumic Stone ($5.99)
1 1/2 gal. Milk ($1.99)
1 1/2 gal. skim Milk ($1.79)
SUBTOTAL $55.02
Coupons Used....
2 $2/2 Wheat Thins/Ritz -$4
2 $1/1 Band-aid -$2
3 $2/1 Dry Idea -$6
1 $5 Huggies -$5
1 $3/2 J&J Products -$3
2 $2/2 J&J Buddies Products -$4
Coupon SubTotal.... -$24
Extra Care Bucks Used....
$10/$50
$.99
$3.00
$4.00
$5.00
ECB SubTotal.... -$22.99
Coupon/ECB TOTAL.... -$46.99
$55.02-$46.99=$8.03
$5 on Gift Card=$3.03 OOP
AND
I received $13.98 in ECBs.(4.99 Irish Spring/2.99 Colgate/2.99 Dry Idea/3.00 Band-Aid)
The cashier was the gumpiest, pickiest, meanest old woman I have ever had the displeasure to deal with at a CVS. It took me forever to check out because she stood there and inspected every....single.....coupon......and ECB.....back......& front.....at least TWICE!
Ugh
She was looking for problems with my coupons. She tried to tell me I couldn't use the $2/2 Wheat Thins/Ritz Qs because I was buying the small boxes of crackers that were on sale for $1 ea. I was getting crackers for FREE with this Q, so she couldn't allow that! I pointed out that the Q did NOT specify the size of box, so these Qs are valid for my purchase. I then said, if there was a problem with me using these Qs, I'd like her to call the Manager over to discuss it. Note, I was pleasant and smiled the whole time dealing with her.
Well, she didn't like me bringing up the prospect of me going 'over her head', so at that point she stopped questioning every single Q and just scanned them in and gave me my total.
Needless to say, I couldn't WAIT to get out of that store!
That cashier got me so flustered that I noticed AFTER I got home 2 of my Dry Ideas did NOT ring up for the sale price of $2.99. They were powder scented ones and the one that rang up correctly was reg. scent. And since they didn't ring up right, I didn't get the $2 ECBs for each($4 ECBs total)
So I had to return to the store, explain the problem and try to get the price adjusted AND get my ECBs OR return them, get my 2 $2 Qs back to reuse and rebuy the reg. scent ones to just avoid the whole thing from happening again on the powder scent.
I walked into the store-different day of the week, different time frame from my orginal visit on Monday and guess who's sour puss of a face I see?
Yep.
Little Mary Sunshine the Cashier.
Just.
Lovely.
I really didn't want to tussle with Miss Ray of Sunshine again, so I just returned the 2 Deodorants. Just give me my $8.98+tax back....the store can keep my $4 in Qs & their $4ECBs.
She gave me enough trouble just returning them anyway. She called the manager over b/c I had paid $5 on a gift card for the original transaction, so I got $6.49 back on the gift card(even though the GC was ONLY for $5?) and $2.49 in Cash. I was just glad they didn't try to take back the $10/$50 Q too b/c my total would now be under $50.
The whole transaction's details are now muddy-ed.
I paid $3.03 OOP but got back $2.49 OOP, but should have gotten back $3.98 OOP(& $5 on the GC).....so let's just call this one a wash.
Little Miss Sunshine also tried to tell me that there was a LIMIT of 1 on the Dry Idea(we all no better, don't we?) AND that also meant I could only buy 1 Dry Idea for the sale price of $2.99!
Um....no.LOLOL
This IS the closest CVS to me, so I will still go there to hound. I must Love Trouble!
Sluggy






1 comment:

  1. Yes we do all know better. I bought three dry idea deos in one transaction with my cashier having to price adjust the deo and then printing my EB when they did not come out on the tape. I do not understand why the cashiers have to be so crabby. We are not taking money from them nor from their store since mc get paid from the manufacturer, so what do they care? I have three CVS's in my area and one of them is awesome, one is okay depending on which cashier I get, and the third one is awful. I hope your Little Mary Sunshine moves on and spreads her (un)happiness elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.