Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gettin' Paid to Bring home Toiletries

So hubby drove me over the river to return something and I went into the CVS drugstore while I was around that area to try to get up enough stuff to use a $10/50 coupon that was expiring on Sunday. Plus I had toothpaste coupons expiring today to use. Here's what I bought....

2 Natural Dentist Mouth Rinse-$9.99 ea.=$19.98
4 Herbal Essence Shampoo-$2.99 ea.=$11.96
2 Stacy's Chips- $3.00 ea.=$6.00
2 Dole Fruit Cups- $1.67 ea.=$3.34
1 Colgate Total Toothpaste-$2.99
1 Earinse- $7.99
Total $52.26

Coupons used...
$10 off $50
2x Natural Dentist Rinse=$4.00
2x $3/2 Herbal Shampoo=$6.00
2x $1.50 off Stacy's Chips=$3.00
1x $.75 off Dole Fruit=$.75
1x $1.00 off Colgate Toothpaste=$1.00
Total -$24.75

I used CVS Extra Bucks of...
$1.99 (from Children's Aspirin bought earlier in the month)
$7.99(from Earinse bought earlier in the month)
$16 in other assorted Extra Bucks

Balance
$1.53

I also took in an older prescription to transfer it to this pharmacy. It's something I only use seasonally for allergies, so it's not something I need refilled often. I had a coupon for a $25 gift card to transfer an Rx. So I used that gift card so NO out of pocket!

They were out of the other items(except more toothpaste)I had planned to build a second $50 order on AND hubby was getting impatient in the car, so I just left the extra toothpaste coupons on the shelf for a special gift if someone else came along to buy that item. My random act of kindness for the day I guess...

I received Extra Bucks(EBs)....
$7.99 for the Earinse
$2.99 for the Toothpaste
$8.00 for the Mouth Rinse
$4.00 for the Shampoo
And a MIR for $10.00
And ANOTHER $10/50 coupon

$61.18 Value for F-R-E-E.
I used 25.98 EBs, got back $22.98 and $10
Plus I have a $23.47 Gift Card and I know how to use it!

Not a bad CVS day here.

Check out how other Thrifty Divas are saving this week at the "Cents"ible Sawyer CVS SUPERSTARS Page.

sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.